- 2 or more years of industry experience as a concept artist, including at least one complete product cycle;
- Excellent 2D drawing skills with a strong grasp of composition, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, and architecture;
- Mastery of fundamental artistic principles;
- Online portfolio with high-quality examples of character and environment concept art;
- Experience executing a wide range of artistic styles;
- Demonstrated ability to develop visual representations of abstract ideas;
- Good communicator, self-motivated, driven to grow professional undergraduate degree in the art-related subject, completion of an intensive art training program, or equivalent experience DesiredAnimation skills (2D mostly, 3D a real plus);
- Background and experience in Unity technical art and motion capabilities is a big advantage;
- Texture painting skills;
- Experience with 3D tools, texturing in both Low and High poly;
- Knowledge of animation, Illustrator, Flash, Unity engine, particle effects creation programs, and motion graphics programs such as After EffectsPassion for games and some knowledge of the gaming industry.
What we offer
- Competitive salary;
- 20 working days paid vacation;
- Modern and comfortable office near the Vystavkovyi center or remote cooperation;
- Medical insurance;
- Flexible working schedule
As a 2D Concept Artist, you’ll create and define the overall visual style of our company projects.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Artists, and Designers to define the look of our projects by working to establish a consistent visual direction for characters, environments, props, effects, and mood using all art tools available.
- Adopt a broad range of styles from realistic to highly stylized based on goals and direction for a given project in order to produce concept art with an appropriate sense of color, drama, shape language, personality, and design.
- Take ownership of concept work for various characters, environments, and props while actively collaborating with other disciplines such as Design, Art, and Engineering in order to achieve high-quality innovative concept art.
- Author character, environment, and prop concept art in the form of thumbnails, sketches, breakdowns, reference sheets, paintings, and other digital imagery.
- Create technical and aesthetic breakdowns of concept art to support art, design, and engineering efforts.
- Provide visual contextualization support for gameplay design efforts at all stages.
- Perform research as necessary to support visual development.
- Work with Art Director, and Leads to provide feedback and guidance to Artists.
- Create storyboards, background illustrations, and promotional artwork.
- Provide and receive feedback professionally.
About the project
Join the largest up-and-coming gaming startup that introduces the groundbreaking gaming product. They promote the idea of social gaming, letting people stay together and enjoy communication while playing.
The company was founded a couple of years ago and already hit the world with a casual poker gaming platform that became super popular. The constant aim of the team is to break through the gaming experience and bring innovations to the industry.
The company has a great value for the team and cares about the quality and comfort of the working environment. They promote a fun atmosphere and work/life balance.