As a Lead Hardware & Software Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of air mobility. You will lead the design, development, testing, and integration of cyclo-rotor (eDrive and rotor) hardware and software components.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and groundbreaking project, working at the intersection of hardware and software in the aerospace industry.
- Master’s degree / PhD in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, embedded systems engineering, or a related field
- At least 7 years of experience in designing and developing HW and SW systems for electric aircraft or similar applications
- Thorough understanding of the principles and technologies of embedded systems and electrical motors in the aerospace environment
- Strong background in propulsion development, testing, and validation
- Proven track record in leading complex engineering projects from concept to completion
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Responsible for design, development, testing, and integration of cyclo-rotor (eDrive and rotor) hardware and software components, such as motors, sensors, controllers, algorithms, and interfaces
- Responsible for applying the DO178, DO254, and ARP4754 standards to ensure the safety, reliability, and quality of the cyclo-rotor (eDrive and rotor) systems
- Following the best practices and guidelines for continuous improvement
- Collaborating with other teams and stakeholders, such as aerodynamics, structures, simulation, systems engineering, certification, testing, and customers
- Providing technical guidance and feedback to your team members and other engineers
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering and participating in regular meetings and reviews
- Preparing and presenting technical reports and documentation for internal and external purposes.
- Using various tools and technologies, such as MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Git, GitLab etc. You will also be learning new tools and technologies as needed
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging development work on a revolutionary technology in a young dynamic team
- Short decision-making processes and varied tasks
- The chance to develop and shape the company in your domain and to develop your technical and managerial skills
- An international team
- Flexible working site (up to 50% home/office)
- Team events: BBQs, happy hours, team building activities
- Market-oriented & experience-based remuneration
- Relocation support
About the project
Are you ready to be part of the aviation revolution? Join our innovative partner, a cutting-edge tech company headquartered in Linz (Austria). With their game-changing Cyclo-rotor, they’re redefining air travel by developing a sustainable and highly manoeuvrable eVTOL propulsion solution for the 21st century. They’re turning science fiction into reality, making urban air mobility as accessible as driving a car.
Join to be a part of this visionary journey, where vertical take-off and landing concepts are transforming the future of individual air mobility. Your expertise, commitment, and technical affinity are the keys to unlocking the limitless possibilities of flight in the 21st century.