Ideal candidates will have
● At least 10 years’ experience in a similar creative or gaming industry role.
● A strong ability to work within industry-standard processes (including documentation, tech, workflows, etc.)
● At least 2 previously shipped PC or console game titles as an animator or animation lead on current or previous-generation hardware (PS3/4, Xbox 360/One, PC, etc.)
● A proven background in animation.
● A demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
● A strong understanding of implementing animations in-game.
● Experience creating stylized key framed animation.
● A deep understanding of anatomy and motion.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
● A high-to-fluent level of English.
● A results-orientated approach to their work.
● Experience with world-building, texturing, and lighting in a game editor (Radiant, Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.)
● Demonstrated experience with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects, 3ds Max, and Maya.
● Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
● A passion for collaborating with other artists.
● Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision-making abilities, and lateral thinking capacity to readily offer clients innovative solutions.
● A clear passion for games and cinema.
● An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging entertainment projects
● The chance to work closely with a team of like-minded creative professionals in a fast-paced, multicultural environment on a variety of gaming, film, and entertainment projects
● A competitive salary
● Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
● Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
● Paid sick leaves
● Flexible working schedule
● Creating high-quality in-game animations, including cinematic scenes with strong camera compositions
● Creating dynamic scenes, like battle or combat sequences
● Keeping a consistent balance between quality and efficiency while working under tight deadlines
● Managing all the assets and data associated with the project while making sure to optimize and deliver clean assets with the correct organization
● Establishing a thorough understanding of the existing tools and pipelines; experiment/champion opportunities for improvement
● Promptly learning new tools and/or techniques as the project requires
● Communicating with Art Director and leads regularly in order to keep cohesion between assets and spaces, as well as to ensure all deadlines are met on time
● Working collaboratively with a global team of animators, modelers, and FX artists
● Creatively troubleshoot technical issues as needed
About the project
Magic Room is a VFX and digital content studio with a vision. We create stunning animations, CGI renders, and 3D/VR/AR content for the global entertainment industry, working with clients across a number of sectors (film and television, VR, and video games). We help our clients and partners turn their dreams into vivid, colourful realities.
Applicants must have a solid grasp of game design principles and techniques as well as an excellent working knowledge of the latest industry tools and technology.